BOULDER STAGING BEFORE AND AFTER






I feel like I have been trampled by a herd of wild horses.  Staging that house in 4 days was quite the challenge if only because it is not a small bungalow!  

10 hour days!

Like I said I am no expert in real estate but I feel like I got a crash course.

Yes....it is about de-cluttering but definitely so much more as I learned.

Tips at the end......but for now some before and afters!

We started by painting the whole house BM Winds Breath [might be my new favorite white!].  

Covering up BM Grant Beige.  Lighten and brighten people.....makes the space look so much larger!


We wanted to get close to the trim color and it was spot on.

Here is the main level guest room....Before



After

Before
After

This headboard was being used in an  upstairs bedroom so we repurposed.  Target lamp and art.  

Right across is the DR

DR before




After




New larger rug, change curtains to white, and removed host chairs.



Rug from Surya

Foyer before
After

Added the mirror [Lamps Plus] and a rug [HomeGoods]  .



Before


Doesn't the lighter color look so pretty?

Heading into the kitchen dining area....

After
Lightened up with pillows and a rug.  Also had the table top sanded and re-stained.

Love this rug from Surya

Just a few small changes in the kitchen.....



Before
After

Before
After

Changed out the faucet [Grohe] to my new favorite!  

New light fixtures

She had these barstools in the basement so we used them!  It kind of directed our pendant choice.

Creating a more casual look.


You can see we painted the island from dark brown to white.  Leslie was a little hesitant but loved it after seeing the final result.


The tile was steam cleaned and it looked fantastic!

Moving into the living room....

Before


After....really just a little zhushing!

We changed out the sconces.....


Took out this leather chair.



Brought in this ottoman from the basement.

Before



Took down the curtains because the view is beautiful!





Powder room before




After


Look....this was only the first floor!  There is so much more but I will save for Friday!

Plus all of my tips for getting your home ready to sell!

I need to start by saying that the homeowner was a dream to work with.....so agreeable to any changes we suggested.  

I mean we descended in her life like a herd of elephants:)


Shapickled  











10 comments

La Dolfina said...

Fsntastic job!!!!!
I bet the homeowner is in awe!

Kathysue said...

Great job Sherry! You are so right, staging is like UN-decorating. You really opened up the space and kept that beautiful view as a great selling point. High five, Missy!!

Mary Ann Pickett said...

Great work with the lighting and accessories, Sherry! It's nice they had the subway tile in the kitchen. I am so tired of trying to convince people that white paint doesn't mean cold.

krazykat said...

Would you share where you got the kitchen pendent lights?

Marla

cindy hattersley design said...

Amazing transofrmation. Painting the island genius!! Love the cleaner and hipper feel.

Anonymous said...

So fresh and beautiful - all that work really paid off! Excited to have just recently found your blog - how I wish you could have come about an hour or so south to Monument while you were in CO to help me with a home I've struggled with for years! :) Looking forward to more photos.

Kaille

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful! (If you go to Monument, I'm in Roxborough Park. Almost on the way!). (Colorado really needs some design help). Thanks for all the sources. What about the guest room bedspread amd coverlet and pillows? Jean ann

Ashley@ Ashley Uhl Interiors said...

Unbelievable transformation! I'm convinced, I'm using a stager when I sell my house in the coming years!

michele said...

genius. i'll be staying tuned (of course!) to the next phase and the tips. i think a bunch of people are gonna be rushing out for white to cover their grant's beige. :)

Jeanne said...

My whole house is done in BM Winds Breath and I absolutely love it. Light with the palest touch of greige.

Back to Top