DESIGN PLAN




So y'all just keep showing off your Christmas decorating skills…..Is it making me feel like a loser….why yes…yes it is.

Apparently not enough to do mine at the moment although I will probably rally with a "hail mary pass" before the big day.  I am having some friends over on the 23rd and they will think I am a grinch if I don't have something done!

One thing I have been working on is a couple of design plans for new clients.

Shall we take a look at one?
This is the dining area of a open kitchen and den.


Here is the plan for this space.

Let's break it down.
We will keep the black serving board and replace the black table with a pine farmhouse one.

She loves the windsor style chairs.  Going for kind of a modern country look.

So the curtains will be out of the John Robshaw print that she already purchased….. hung with black curtain hardware.  

Cover the seat cushions in the chairs [to be determined] in the black and white buffalo check.

The crewel fabric will be pillows in 2 arm chairs on either side of the console.

On either side of the mirror we will but a series of black and white botanicals.

We brought in the aqua and coral because we are using some of those colors in the den.

Notice that the size of the prints go from large [curtain fabric] to medium [check] to small [crewel].  Why?

It's just something I like to do to keep everything from looking the same.  Call me crazy.

I can't wait to see this one come together.

A couple of other things….

I was picking up some pillows at Sudi's yesterday and of course when I'm there I get whiplash looking at all the gorgeousness.


Lumbar is the new square.

Gotta love a toile….

Here is one in the beginning stage of design...….another gorgeous lumbar.

And just to get you in the mood for spring…I saw this combination at ADAC yesterday.


I am the official counter….13 shopping days left.

Bam.

Shafreaka



17 comments

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Another lucky client of Sherry Hart. I want to be her and have you work your magic all over my house! This fabric combo is so interesting…..I can't wait to see it all together!

Barbara Matson said...

It is going to look fabulous. You know what I love about your designs? You have a classic timeless design aesthetic that doesn't look dated or too trendy - which I lOVE! And don't remind me that it's 13 shopping days - I only just started!

Vel Criste said...

In love with that lumbar pillow and the toile, your clients are lucky to have you design this space,for sure it will be fabulous! Don't worry about your own Christmas stuff, I know how you can whip something up in less than a day!

Unknown said...

I used the John Robshaw fabric in my dining room and love it! And now I'm off to get some Christmas shopping done!! Happy holidays!

Shannon said...

I love it all!! I think I might want to copy this space do you know where I might be able to find a table exactly like that online?

Kim said...

i'm obsessing over black and cream buffalo plaid right now. Funny how we get things stuck in our head! Great plan!

Stacey said...

Loving the patterns and fabric selections!

therelishedroost said...

Loving the classic toile there!!!

Jeaneane said...

I love toile, but how do you modernize it? I inherited Shumacher blue toile curtains and haven't hung them because I can't seem to make them look fresh. (First time commenter, but serious blog stalker - i have admired your work for my neighbor).

Unknown said...

Another lovely design and the post style is so nice. Thanks for your new sharing. Interior design ideas

Unknown said...

This is fab…. I love how you have incorporated your client's existing pieces but have been able to shush it all up! The crewel fabric is just yummy. And if it makes you feel better, my holiday decorating is in about the same state as yours… slowly getting on it, so slow that the greens I've bough will probably be brown and shedding by the time they go up! Happy Holidays girl!

A room with a view said...

I feel like I am behind with my decorating, too, but for good reason - busy with work and other stuff. Great new design plan, Sherry. I love the fabric with different size patterns - mixing it up to balance it out while keeping things interesting is something I like to do. Great rug, of course and I do love the light fixture. It is always great to be able to use existing pieces and make them take on a new life in a new plan.

Unknown said...

Love your plans and those fabrics! The chandelier is a keeper! She's going to be one happy client! Hope you get a breather for the holidays and I never even think about the days to XMAS til I look at your blog. I'd rather not think about it, since I like the build up more than the actual day!!! xo Nancy

designchic said...

I love the inspiration for this room - it's going to look amazing! Love the pillows!!

Pat@BPM said...

Gonna be gorgeous, Sherry!

Unknown said...

you go girl!!! xoxo

Woodside Park said...

Pillow talk, love it!! And I am all for modern country. xo!!

Back to Top