Scott's part 2 and why I love Atlanta!

This might be a busy post!  I have the rest of my Scott's pictures [what would I post about if I didn't have Scott's???] and some events happening in Atlanta this week.  

First I want you to know it was an "all about me week".....I was really feeling old and haggard....so I went and pretended I was a "Real Housewife".....got some botox and a little filler [they were having a promotion] so I can lie about my age....yeah like I can get away with that.  Then I got an email from my hair salon that today was "reccessionista" day...all services were 20% off....I'm on the phone for cut and color!  Whoop...Whoop.  I am feeling quite glamorous.

OK..TMI....I know...back to pictures.

Sometimes, I like to show y'all little ideas.....how cute.  Kind of looks like little cotton balls....


Yeah...we could do this....
Unusual.
What is it about rust and industrial....

I took this and that women came running over to me saying "NO PICTURES PLEASE".....come on, I could have snuck it with my iphone.  She thinks maybe this is the cure for cancer?????

I love an old sign...I love an old blue sign.  Check out the blue chair also.

This was a beautiful mid century piece, check out the brass legs.

Acrylic and gold.....whoa.

Whoops...snuck a pillow in there :)

Another sneak.....

OK...one more.  I can't help it...it had me at "blue".

I love the large mat......and what is it about birds.  

Another large mat.  It gives the picture so much more presence.

Love how he painted the outside white.  Seeing a lot of this lately are you????

Need some grain sacks???  They used to be $15, I have not bought them in a while...probably $25 or $30 now.
If you have a teenager...this would be good for interrogation.

Queen Anne and chevron....hello.

Uh huh.

More uh huh....I love this...but I am afraid if my dog chewed up the corner...well it could get ugly living the rest of his life in a cage.
Blue and White.....classic.

Shells in concrete.  I'm all over it.

Moss in wood....all over that also.

Moss and things that grow on trees......purdy.

Shabbiness.....or frenchness.....still like it.

That is all I got.  For Scott's anyway.

Now a little promotion for some local folks.

A friend of mine just opened a shop that sells casseroles.  Yes...it is what's for dinner!  
Called Half Baked.  I don't know about you, I can muster up the salad, but the entree is where I fall apart.
I helped her with the design, so here are some pictures.

Of course a chalkboard. Check.
Of course a barn door....check.

AND...of course white floors with painted stripes. CHECK!

I will probably be a regular customer!

Next are two events this week for other local businesses.

Peridot is a local gift shop that has been on the corner of West paces Ferry Rd and Maple Ave forever!  They are having their 23rd birthday....this Friday 6-8 pm.  Everything is 23% off.  Yep, you read that right.  You have to have some pretty good loot to stay in business for that long right???
There will be a band: The Dappled Grays
Firefly Vodka; [does that mean it lights up?
A photo booth....now that I look younger...we'll see.
The amazing Ginny Branch is styling the party....from the blog "My Favorite Color is Shiny"
Good Food Truck serving dinner.

Is that enough????

One last thing....I am like the town cryer!
Stop by Gramercy Fine Linens & Furnishings Thursday this week [Oct 20th] for their annual Pink Party.  You KNOW it is for a good cause.  Door prizes and 20% off everything in the store!  Come on....the hit's just keep on coming.  So many deals this week.

You guys are the absolute best.  I love reading your comments.  I love going to your blogs......and getting so much inspiration.

Keep up the good work.







46 comments

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

That is real cotton in that first pic isn't it? I have been in Peridot one time. Out of town Friday so can't go. Yes, you are the town cryer.

Kelly said...

I always enjoy your Scott's pics. I'm planning on going with my sister next month. Yay! I really loved that lamp shade with the linen tied on it! I laughed about that lady screaming at you to not take pics. That happened once to me in a very upscale cabinet/kitchen design store down in Buckhead years ago. I thought the same thing as you did. What's the big deal? She ended up handing me a brochure with their own pictures in them instead. What's the difference? Pictures are pictures. It was a very hauty tauty place so I guess she felt entitled. Ha!

helen tilston said...

You had a most eventful day and thank you for these beautiful images
Helenxx

Kathysue said...

Fun post Sherry!! I think your friend has a great idea with the half baked concept, I am sure once word of mouth gets out she will be super busy, Kathysue

My Interior Life said...

Wow, that is quite a post. You are a font of information. As usual, you pack more info in one post than I put in 10. Love your Scott's finds and what is with people not wanting you to take photos. Hello, free advertising? Also, LOVE what you did to your friend's casserole shop. Made me hungry just reading the chalkboard! And I need to indulge in a day of beauty soon. My roots, eyebrows and toes all need help.

An Urban Cottage said...

Love to know what vendor sells grain sacks for those prices if you run across them again.

Hope your hair turned out beautifully!

Sarah Roads said...

Ok, I see several things I really NEED.
Love that you got your Real Housewife makeover, I am loooooong overdue for some pampering. Even have credit at the spa and don't make time to go- pathetic. Need to schedule in some me time pronto, maybe I'll get brave and try botox too. Im feeling inspired. xo

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Okay, I was in Atlanta last Saturday...I will be there again this Friday for the Country Living thingy....I HATE to drive in Atlanta....Dear Baby Jesus in a Manger!!! I FREAK out! Steve drove Saturday and I was just white knuckled over there in the passenger seat....he kept telling me to chill out....6 lanes of traffic at 85 miles an hour does not bode well with Moi! Especially when we are not quite sure where the h*** we are going and that biotch in the GPS there does NOT give me enough time to navigate said 6 lanes in order to be in the proper lane to exit right......Sheesh!!

I PRAY that Sharon is driving Friday....if not...look for me on the edge of the highway....taking a pill....for my nerves...

I am old...I need botox...and filler...

Just sayin'

Lou Cinda

Janette@the2seasons said...

I love that Queen Anne/chevron chair. It would have come home with me.

Kelly@Bungalow Blue said...

Love those grain sacks....they are hard to find around my neck of the woods and when you do, they are A LOT more than $30 a pop!

Privet and Holly said...

Wish I lived in Atlanta
and we could shop Scott's
together! Such great variety.
Had to laugh at the picture
prohibitor : ) LOVE the styling
at Half-Baked. What an
awesome idea!
xx Suzanne

Heidi @ Decor & More said...

Ah, Scott's again ~ one of these days... lots of great local events! Where is Half Baked located? If it's close to me, it might actually free me up to hit some of these other events! ;-)

Rachel said...

Sherry...please plan a group trip to Scotts. I always want to go and am too chicken to go by myself!! Your trips are always awesome!!!

Lauren@BaylorSays... said...

I'm dying over the midcentury console and the flatware, come to me. I'll be re-upping my forehead poison on Thursday weeeee!!!

Karena said...

Sherry, wow great finds, I love the mossy things, and all of the businesses you featured!

When do we get to see the new refreshed you!

Speaking of cool pillows....Oh I have a Designer Pillows Giveaway! I hope you will join! ( a great resource as well)

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena!!

Cindy said...

What a cool place! I loved that blue sign and the industrial stuff... and i don't know what it is about industrial either!??
I took a photo in an antique shop once and this lady that owned the shop was horrified. she did not like it at all, and i was like ... what? I didn't know that was a faux pas, she said that Chinese people come in and take pictures and duplicate the stuff and sell it, or something like that. I really don't think i look like a Chinese idea stealer, manufacturer of stuff, but now i sure do know to ask, or to just sneak a photo with my iphone!

Cindy

A Vintage Vine said...

OH, how I miss the ATL!!! Agreed, the blue sign was a keeper! Did you buy it, I sure hope you did! Love the way they did that shabby lamp shade...Thanks for the "Scott's Eye Candy"!

Renae Moore said...

Holy Cow Girl...you sure found some good LOOT. Man, there are a few of those things I would have taken home, like the acryllic silverware!

Botox? really? You DON"t need that!!! UR bee-uuu-tee-ful enough!

xx

Holly Gruszka said...

A casserole shop? That's my kind of place. And I love the mid century credenza piece - want it for my own house! I keep stalking Craigs List for something like it - no luck yet. Love that you snuck in a pillow or two - how could you resist?

Kerry Steele- Design du Monde said...

I am sure you are lovely with out all the poking and fluffing but, seriously sometimes a girl needs that to feel just right.
Anyway, love the chevron chair and I'll take 2 of those lights, one for each teenager!

Abby M. Interiors said...

I can't even handle the acrylic and gold silverware. I always love your choices but that had me stop scrolling, think "how could I buy those--oh wait, I probably can't afford them", then keep scrolling. ;-)
hugs,
abby

heather (love your space) said...

I gasped out loud at the silverware. Tried to get my husband to sign on for gold flatware on the old wedding registry 6 years ago, but no dice.

Love these round ups!

René said...

One of these days I will make it to Scott's. Love that chair with the cowhide, well love everything actually. Does it light up? You are too funny!

Victoria said...

Sherry, Through your eyes, Atlantic certainly looks like a fun place to live.
Best...Victoria

Victoria said...

Sorry, not enough coffee...of course, I meant Atlanta.

Gretchen O. said...

Since I can't seem to get my butt in gear to get to Atlanta for Scotts...I KNOW I can always count on you let me know what I missed...so THANK YOU! I hope to get up there soon, maybe November...sigh:)


OH, and the Half Baked store...I think you should get half price on half baked items for doing such an amazing job!

I bet your are the best looking town cryer with all that zhushing you've been doing:)

Mary said...

When my husband asks me where I want to go on vacation next, I'm telling him Atlanta. I really want to shop at Scott's.

Catie said...

Always love your Scotts pics because I am ALWAYS out of town. Thanks for sharing. Cannot wait to check out your friends Half Baked shop...what a great idea! i am taking a friend with a new baby dinner next wk & i think i hit jack pot with your idea!! thank ya.

Ashley said...

Love your Scotts pictures, makes me wish Atlanta wasn't 8 hours away!

Summer for Swede said...

Love going to Scott Market. Six hours away for us one way but I have to get my Scott fix a couple times a year. I've never found a bargain but the eye candy is worth the trip. I've done several posts about what caught my eye in the North Building. Do you go to both buildings? I only go to the one.

Julie Taylor and Danni Greenwalt said...

Fun post Sherry, I wished I lived close by. It looks like fun. One of my favorite things to do.

Cindy Albert said...

Seriously, you and Kerry could have your own comedy routine. Her comment about poking and fluffing is very funny! I think you've inspired the rest of us to take a look in the mirror and decide how we could love ourselves up a bit.

The bright colors and the concept of Half Baked are perfect.

Sherry, I hope you have a wonderful day.

Lauren (The Cottage Mix) said...

ok, where do I start?!?! Too funny about your Real Housewives" makeover....you know the new season starts soon. I'll be watching. Does the botox and filler hurt? Been thinking I need to try something soon..What is it about a fresh cut and highlight that makes us girls so happy? The "interrogation" floor lamp is great. I may need that soon for my oldest. I'm jealous of the casserole store. We need one of those near my house. What a great idea. Much luck to them on their new business. Thanks for the laughs, Sherry.

Unknown said...

Two words (ok 4) stand out in this post, botox and filler and Half Baked!!!! First love your honesty...this makes me consider using the first two words, especially if it can help make a girl feel "more better!" Second what a fabulous look for your friend's business, so fun, so inviting, so Sherry! Great job!

Cathy

Mary Ann Pickett said...

I just emailed my Florida friend this morning that "why don't we meet in Atlanta so I can check out Scott's recommended by a fun, beautiful blogger!" Not that Atlanta is any where near half way for ME. But see your influence on me, Sherry???

Carrie @ Hazardous Design said...

So many good things in this post! The Half Baked idea is brilliant! When are they going to open up a store up north???
Also loving the hide used as a cover for the chair. Oh yeah, totally stealing that idea :)

Carolyn@Sweet Chaos Home said...

Awww... I miss Atlanta! I would single-handedly be keeping Half Baked in business. Love all your fun Scott's finds!

designchic said...

So many great finds...love the lighting, and especially love that you had to sneak the photo with your phone!! Know you are looking glamorous...we must see a photo ~

Lori @ Lori May Interiors said...

Love what you did with your friend's new place! I wish it were closer for me, I need some ready made dinner options!

lisaroy said...

I need a Scott's in Dubai! Awesome finds! The Half Baked idea is brilliant - I know I'd be a regular. :)

Anonymous said...

And HOW big did you say your truck was??

Half baked=PERFECTO....boy would I be camping on there doorstep. umhm.

Linda@Lime in the Coconut *who always has to sign in as anon on your blog for some cotton pickin' reason*

Splendid Willow said...

Atlanta must love YOU! You do so much great PR for that city. They should offer you some high level marketing job or at least name a street after you...

How fun and creative with Half Baked!

Love to you,

Mon

Rosa @ FlutterFlutter said...

That old blue sign is calling me!! And the industrial lighting is pretty cool too!

Kelly said...

Such funky pillow finds! That first ones looks very Missoni!

traci zeller designs said...

I would SOOOO be at Half Baked all the time!!! Loving the Scott's photos as always!

Bri@Meyouandawiener said...

Acrylic and gold silverware is SICK! I needs it.

Back to Top