This floored me!

I was checking out a few blogs and ran across Lori from Frugal Farmhouse Design.  I was reading some of her older post and ran across this: "modern urban farmhouse surprise".  You must check it out.  I am not even going to tell you the surprise but I was totally shocked at the end.....
Here are just a few shots to get you interested.....



As I scrolled down to a more recent post I saw that she used PLYWOOD to make rustic painted wood floors.  I thought that was brilliant.  After some research, [I think I am the last one to know about this] I found it was also featured on Apartment Therapy

She just took plywood and cut it into 8 inch strips.

Primed and painted it

Applied it with glue and nails using a penny as a spacer.  I want to marry her.....


You can read more about the whole procedure on her blog

Damn....why did I NOT see this post before I spent $2300 putting hardwoods in my bedroom.  I think she spent $300.  I could SO use that $2000 now!!!

I REALLY hate when I over spend on something.  That was so much more the look I was going for.

Have a great Monday!

8 comments

Dharma said...

I find this as my new flooring is sitting in my garage waiting to be installed.....pooh!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Okay, I am on my way over there now!

Lou Cinda :)

Chats with Jack said...

This just confirms that I should paint the wood floors under our carpet. This is the third post today featuring them and it must be a sign.

That surprise was crazy!!

Julie Holloway said...

I recently learned about it, too. Our friends in Grant Park just did this in their entire first floor. (I'll ask them if I can snap some pics)

SHERRY HART said...

Dharma...I feel your pain.....Abby...DO IT.....Thanks Julie...I want to see more pictures. Trying to talk my sister into doing it!

Megandvd@Beauty in the Attempt said...

I have alwayds adored Lori. Her work is simply brilliant. I would love to do this in my next home. I can not wait to be done with school and move....I LOVE my home, but I am constantly inspired to try new things. Love your blog too.

Cheers~
e

Courtney said...

This is seriously brilliant. Just. Brilliant.

René said...

I love her blog too and those floors are amazing!

Back to Top