Fall changeover.....part 2

I think before I finish up with pictures of my changeover, I have a little something to say about styling and changing your decor.  Just like in fashion, they are now updating home decor at a more rapid pace.  Where  people used to re-decorate every 10-15 years....then every 5-7 years, it almost seems like after a couple of years a room can seem dated.  In my opinion that just means  it is so much more important to carefully choose your larger items like upholstery and such, making sure that they are neutral enough to withstand the trends.

In fashion the basics such as black pants and a good pair of jeans can be re-accessorized without always starting over.  A new pair of boots, scarfs, jewelry and a great bag will do the same thing as taking a room, changing out pillows, and a few things to freshen it up.

I only changed out one piece of furniture, a table for 39.00.  Everything else has been achieved by shopping my home, hitting some retail stores and moving things around.  The good thing, is in the spring when I put the white slipcovers back on, I probably won't put all the things I removed back in the same place.  So it will again look different!  To me this is fun, but I have friends who take pictures of how their house looks so they can always put it back together the same way.

I say, get in there and move it around!

Ok...on to part 2 of what has been happening around here.

Here is a before shot of a corner that now looks pretty darn bland to me :)

And now after a few changes
The only thing new is the small black table that I purchased from Homegoods and the floor lamp from Target.  I wanted the one in the next picture....
So bad...but the price difference was 110.00.  Dang...now after seeing it again I STILL want it.
I had the Ikea white pillows and throw from last summer.  I also had the artillery basket for about 10 years.  I have used it off and on.....AND, the pictures came from another bedroom.
Nothing new here except that little electrical box from Home Depot that the candle is in.

The glass jar thing had coral in it and I just added some old books and a bundle of raffia.

OK...this I've had forever.....the wooden bowl.  I took some old books and tore off the covers, tied them with twine and threw a cream beaded necklace over them.


Another before shot
Had it all.....
The other side of the console.....before
After
I got the phone last month at Scott's.  It was one of my 20.00 purchases...
Before......

What's new here....the frames [Michaels with 40% off coupon],  the pictures I had purchased from Scott's a while back.  I was never sure where I was going to use them but here they are!  The 2 glass jars that I will put candles in are from Target.
We are almost done....Am I losing you?????


I have had this sign in my room for at least 15 years.  It is so funny that old signs [especially black] are kind of trendy right now.
Hang in there...we are almost done.  The basket from West Elm.
Close up of the hide which has been in almost every room now!
We're done...I swear!  For now anyway!  Ha Ha, we know it is never done.  Want to hear something funny?????  The only thing my husband noticed was the black table!  Swear.  Cause it is near his chair.....That's good in a way....:)

OK...stay tuned for the keeping area and the kitchen, that's how I roll.....can't stop now.

17 comments

My Interior Life said...

Love all your new additions. I think the Target lamp looks great, and now I want one for my kids' playroom. I need to refresh my rooms now - you've inspired me!

René said...

I really enjoyed this Sherry. You are so ahead of me with getting your fall on. Looks like shopping the house served you well and that electrical box as a candle holder? Genius!

Kathysue said...

Sherry everything is perfectly placed and yet it looks as if it has just evolved over time. That is talent my dear, Love It!!! Have a wonderful weekend in your beautiful Fall home,KATHYSUE

Mary said...

I brought in a new side table and put it next to my husband's chair 3 monthes ago and he STILL hasn't said anything about it.
I wonder if he would notice if a bought a new couch? LOL!

Chats with Jack said...

We're still with you! I loved the black sign over the doorway, and that your husband didn't notice the table. You are LUCKY! If that were the case here I would be changing things so often.

Your house looks like it's ready for me to come visit. ;-)

EZ said...

Love it!!!

Angie said...

Love all the changes! Can't wait to see what's next!

Lilacandgrey said...

loving every single element-especially that phone!

Julie Holloway said...

so good, again girlfriend. I love that you just care about the final look it gives you, not the pricetag!

Kelly said...

I'm swooning at everything! Love the idea of tearing off the book covers. Although, I'm not sure I would be brave enough to do that. Also love how you used an electrical box to hold a candle. That's genius for an industrial look! Love your display on your sofa table with all the black and cream too. Very creative. I would've never thought to use a phone that doesn't work as a prop. Also, I really like those bird prints sort of stacked together like you have them. Looking forward to seeing what you do elsewhere.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Sherry, I am loving your fall additions, too. What a gorgeous room. I love the bookcases and that tobacco basket over the fireplace is perfect. I have wanted one of those, but the prices are usually high. You got a super deal. I need to visit Scott's for sure. I love the light over the bookcase. I know you said you got it at Home Depot. Did it come like that or did you rework it somehow to clamp on? I need those too. I will tell my sister what you said. Have a super day. Kim

Mimi said...

Nothing like the black, white, and cream. So love it all!!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Good Grief!!! I LOVE this!! The textures are just eye candy! I just keep going back and looking at the photos!

Do you make house calls?? lol

Lou Cinda :)

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Sherry, Wow, I am in love...this room is fabulous! It would take forever to list everything I am drooling over so I'll just say that I love it all.
Hugs, Sherry

Clara in Paradise said...

I love the "old beach house" feel of your home. It feels so lived-in, so effortless. I also love the amount of textures in your room. Texture is one of the hardest elements to introduce into decor.

Thanks for sharing.

Arianna Belle said...

Your home is so beautiful -love all the changes you made!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I'd like to move in!

Back to Top