Another before and after....

After the cupcake tragedy, I have decided to return to a subject that is much more fun....design.  I have been helping Ansley with her home for about 15-16 years!  She used to live across the street from me, but moved closer to her kids schools so she wasn't in carpool 4 hours a day.  This go around we have been working on updating her family room.  I will start with a few before shots.
She has 3 kids and loves to entertain.   There was not enough seating, so that was an area we really had to address.  This is the room off the kitchen where everyone watches TV and hangs out, and it is a SMALL room.   The first step was to order furniture.  The sofa, 2 chairs and ottoman are from Lee Industries.

This is before we loaded in all the accessories.  Looks so naked!

I love these chairs.  The are a more feminine version of a wing and are very comfortable.
Just another view before we got going!
OK...so here is the corner to the left of the fireplace.  We are going to replace the cabinet eventually, but wanted it to look better while we work on the budget for that!  After...


I got the bird pictures from Scott's and the frames from Michaels.  Mirror...Target and that ottoman in the perfect color [the only one] was from Target also.  The top lifts off for storage.  Score.  We also brought a few fall accessories for her...the little people sitting on the mantle :)  Next a picture of the bookcases before.

We did some major editing here.  Just too full.  Normally what we do is pull off the jackets and try to use books in softer colors from the room.
Most of the accessories came from Pottery Barn, except the pottery, and the lantern on the top shelf.
Another before angle
Ok...she doesn't give facials if that is what your thinking!  It is used for needlepoint!  I actually thought it looked like something from a doctors office......Here is the after of the same corner
New lamp, burlap table skirt.  That little tin box holds the TV remote control.

All the pillows were custom.  Throws, rug and frame from Pottery Barn.


Here is the before of the right side of the sofa.
And the after
The chair did not have an ottoman, so we ordered a few yards of chair fabric and recovered one she already had.  This corner had to be perfect with lighting and a place for Charlie [husband] to relax.
I can't tell you how comfortable this sofa is.  I have ordered it 3 times for different clients.
With the addition of this chair and the small ottoman from Target, we managed to get the additional seating she really wanted.

A few more shots...
I was so lucky that PB had throws in the colors I needed.  Sometimes those are the hardest things to find.





There you have it.  And the best thing about working with Ansley is her reaction.  She acts like you just discovered the cure for cancer....swear.  She loved it and that is why we do what we do......

I helped my sister get ready for her yard sale tomorrow!  I was going through her house like a thief, grabbing things and putting price tags on them!  She kept saying "yea but I might need that"....nope, trust me, you don't!  Who better to help edit, than your sister :)

Have a great Friday!

13 comments

Chats with Jack said...

Beautiful! I can tell that you really captured her style.

I. Need. That. Couch. But in a love seat version.

Courtney said...

REALLY lovely. Where did that side table (on the right side of the couch) come from?

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Looks really sophisticated! Love the lines of the sofa and chairs. I know she's thrilled!

Colleen said...

I'm crazy about your work!!!

Mimi said...

Looks like a great place to entertain!
so warm and inviting- love the colors!!
Brilliant Sher

Chic Geek said...

Hi Sherry!

Thanks so much for stopping by over at my blog! I love yours, and am already a follower :) Love, Love Annapolis!

Happy Friday!

Emily A. Clark said...

Such a beautiful makeover! I love the layered rugs, but my most favorite part is the way you arranged the bird prints w/ the mirror above them. I'm going to copy that one sometime :) Just letting you know. . . .

BTW, your last trip to Scott's looks unbelievable! Someday, I'm going with you.

SHERRY HART said...

Courtney, it came from a furniture store here in Atlanta. I was unsure that they gray would work, but I loved the table so much it was worth a try!

Lou Cinda @ Tattered Hydrangeas said...

Looks great!! Very elegant yet comfortabl and warm! Perfect!

Have fun at the yard sale!

Lou Cinda :)

Julie Holloway said...

Again, you are so good. I love how your designs are beautiful and practical...I love that you shop at Michael's, too!

La Vie Quotidienne said...

Wonderful...such a vast improvement and mostly through editing. Excellent.

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

turned out beautifully!

Kathysue said...

Sherry what a wonderful transformation. I use to own a Lee sofa and it was the most comfy sofa I ever bought. I will be ordering from them again, it also held up for over 10 yrs. Love this transformation!! Kathysue

Back to Top