An easy makeover.....



OK....when I was doing this beach house, I found this awesome table. It was kind of pricy but SO perfect for the space. I loved the zinc top because it would be so durable. So I knew I had to find some serious budget seating! I went to the Goodwill and found these chairs. They were cane back, but the cane on some of the chairs was damaged. I knew I could paint them white but I had the idea to make covers for the back and then sew on starfish! I covered the seats in raffia which is perfect for wet bathing suits. I literally found the bench on the side of the road. It needed some glue, a coat of white paint and a raffia seat cushion. It has held up for 5 years, and occasionally I have to re-sew on one of the starfish! So 6 chairs and a bench were 100.00! I found the raffia online for about 15.00. There are lots of things you could use to enhance the back of a chair cover...buttons, stencil numbers, a small piece of driftwood, ribbon,or rope are a few that come to mind.

No comments

Back to Top